Thursday, June 19, 2008

Driving, NKOTB, and 9 more days!

Today I was driving (I rented a car) and I smiled to myself and thought 'I wish I had my camera with me'! Driving here is like putting a puzzle together the goal is to try to fit your car into the smallest place you can find within the madness. For the most part we have roundabouts(like England) instead of traffic lights on the major roads, so you have to maneuver your way around in order to turn left. Sometimes people's mirrors touch, it just cracks me up. I try to think of as a game instead of getting stressed in traffic.

This morning in my inbox I had an email from my sister with a link to New Kids On the Block's new video. Here's the link for those of you NKOTB fans www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FG-kj0zbJU&feature=related I like the song 'Summertime' and have been playing it over and over. I found interviews from the time that the song was released last month and just sat there smiling. There is just something about the time I was a fan, junior high is such and awkward time and my best memories seem to revolve around New Kids. So it was fun to listen.

And finally, only 9 more days and I am coming home!!! I can hardly wait...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey! I relate to the driving...though I think it's not quite as crazy here in Rwanda. Careful when you go home...when I was driving in the USA after driving in Africa, our friends were making fun of me because I wasn't staying in the lines or waiting my turn! Lucky I stopped at stop-lights! :) Have a great time at home!