Monday, January 12, 2009


Glenn and I had been talking about getting married discussing dates and such for a while. So during our time in California I wanted to go with my sister to look at wedding dresses especially since she had worked for a year or so in a bridal gown shop. A few days after Christmas we ended up going but I felt weird having to ‘hide’ it from my mom. Glenn knew this.

So the next day we went to the park…I thought to go for a walk. We sat down on a bench and he started talking about how he feels bad about how I was having to do stuff for a wedding when we were not officially engaged. So he got out a twisty tie (you know the one for bags) and he asked me to think of this as a promise twisty tie-like a promise ring- he put it on my finger and then we talked some more. A few minutes later he said, “You know what, I didn’t even ask you officially” so he took the twisty tie off and held it my hand and I said yes- to the twisty tie. Then he reviled my ring in his hand.

1 comment:

The Greenfields said...

yay, we are so happy for you. you are going to make a beautiful bride. you are just glowing!!