The Lord has been reminding me often lately that I am just the role He created me for at this time in my life. Often I feel overwhelmed at the amount of people I am supposed to help (over 150), but the past 2 days I have been watching short videos from some of our workers overseas and I remember why I do this! What a gift and a privilege to be a part of our Father's work in this way! I wish I could post all the videos on this blog or on Facebook but for the safety or our workers I won't.
Just after coming to Jesus, God put the needs of the world before my face and they broke my heart (thanks to my wonderful home fellowship EV Free Fullerton). I knew I had to do something to make a difference and get this good news to people who have never heard it. To this day when I watch a video or see a slide show with pictures of the unreached I have to fight back tears. If you know me...I'm not a crier. My hubby often teases me that I cry about the needs of the world, yet at our wedding when he surprised me by singing a beautiful heartfelt song straight from the heart not one tear fell. I often joking think if someone cut me open I think I would bleed mi$$ions. The caring for, financial support, sending out, encouraging, blessings, praying for, loving, being an advocate for mi$$ionaries is my heartbeat. Having experienced life overseas myself I know it's a lonely, hard, frustrating and even depressing at times lifestyle to choose. And yet I wouldn't change my 6 years overseas for anything in the world. They made me who I am and gave me a DEEP love for the people of the M. E. as well a desire to do all I can to help mi$$ionaries thrive not just survive as I sometimes did.
In case you haven't heard the term 'unreached peoples' they are defined as a group which contains less than 2% Evangelical Christian. Did you know the alarming fact that out of $100 given to Christian work only 1 penny goes to the unreached?!?!? It blows my mind! We need to focus more on sending people to the unreached. There are many hungry to know the One True God, to know grace, forgiveness and true Love but just can't. One of our workers in an very unreached part of Asia wrote this today, "'When we die and God judges us, our good deeds can never outweigh our bad. I wake up in the morning ready to lie. How can I be saved?' Pray for my friend to see that faith in Jesus alone can save us from our great disobedience towards God." Do you want to begin giving to people focused on unreached peoples let me know and I can connect you with a mi$$ionary who may be under supported. Has there been a certain country on your heart, but you don't know what to do with that? You could start giving to a worker so that they can stay and really invest in the lives of people who need to hear this GREAT news!
No comments:
Post a Comment