In general I do okay with saying good-bye, but it seems to be getting harder these days. The last two good-byes in the fall were some of the hardest...saying goodbye to two close friends in a 24 hour period really has really taken it's toll. A few weeks ago another close friend left for a few months. In the next few months it seems I will again say goodbye to another three friends.
I have learned over the years that no matter how close I am to someone over time, we just seem to drift apart. The first month away we email and even skype, but as time goes on so does life and we end up getting busy. Of course, I do have many treasured friends who I talk to every few months and yet would still consider some of my best friends....you know who you are.
It just makes me wonder...how much more of this I can take-to be completely honest. People with family who live overseas always have at least the people in their family who won't leave (at least not till college for the kids). Come summer I will again have to decide if I want to get yet another roommate- and then wonder if we will get along, how long she will stay, etc. It's wearing me out! I know that I have a Father to lean on, and that I am never alone, but sometimes it feels as though I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment