Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why?

Do you ever ask God why? I know He is sovereign and of course He knows what He is doing, but the suffering of some is hard for me to understand.

A few weeks ago Maureen came through our companies second training in order to serve overseas in the Middle East. The journey for her has been long and rough. Just after attending our candidate orientation in August 07 she was diagnosed with cancer but didn't have insurance and because of this she has lost everything her house, her retirement, etc. Still, Maureen is steadfast in her desire to serve the Lord in an unreached place and give her life for His service. She is currently in a course to learn how to teach English and then once funds are there hopes to head to a VERY unreached country.




Katie is another amazing single gal who was recently diagnosed with TTP https://health.google.com/health/ref/Thrombotic+thrombocytopenic+purpura She was set to head to North Africa sometime this month, but God had other plans. Katie was in the hospital for about a month getting frequent plasma transfusions. Katie is still hoping to go overseas at some point if they can find a good hematologist in NA.

Here is a little quote from Katie, "Someone asked me a few days ago if I was discouraged by the numbers dropping…it was a strange thing to answer. I am not discouraged or frustrated…it is more a confused feeling because it is both sweet and hard. I realized that THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO HELP OR FIX MYSELF! I told my mom I would eat black beans (nasty!!) 3Xs a day for the rest of my life, if it would help! Anything to HELP, and yet, God doesn’t need our help, that’s the point! So, yeah…that is the newest lesson I am learning."



Maureen and Katie have absolutely NO money and so I want to put the idea of giving to them out there. Please ask me if you are interested in either giving a personal gift or one through our company (for tax purposes). Please also pray for these lovely ladies and ask God to be their Jehovah Jirah! He will provide and lead them along step by step.

No comments: