One of the highlights of my job is when someone calls or emails and says "I'm/we're at 90%"! What a joy to have the responsibility of walking these faithful doers of His Word to the nations. Just this morning a couple that has been raising supporters since they attended our orientation June of 2007 called to say we are 88.4% of their needed monthly support and then asked what do we do when we get to 90% so that we can buy our plane tickets (our policy). I shared with her that I need a list of her monthly supports just so we know they are covered and I had to recheck to make sure they had all their paperwork in (medical clearance, copies of passports, etc.).
Just a year ago, I think all of us felt like giving up, they only had about 30% after pursuing this dream for 2 years. Then just a few months ago they got REALLY serious and sold their house, had less hours at work, she quit her job but is working a temp job for more flexibility, and lived on less each month. The countless hours of connecting with churches and individuals payed off and this family of four are heading over in October Lord willing. Man I love my job!
No comments:
Post a Comment