For more than a year and half I have been working on being more asseritive. I got to try out my skills this week.
On Monday a drunk guy came into my class and just sat down. I asked him his name and a bit of other information. He just started rambling on and on. I asked him to step out of the room and I explained to him that the students in the class had registered for our classes and paid for them months ago. I told him he was welcome to come to the next registration in January, but that he was unable to attend at this moment. I was so thankful for the Father's help in this. Then, I causally went back to teaching.
Yesterday, I met with my new boss and put my 'demands' on the table. I found that asking for what I wanted paid off. I got everything I wanted and I just asked! What a learning experience.
More about the new job later...
No comments:
Post a Comment