Last night in the women's Bible study I have been attending the speaker mentioned that in a time of instant messaging, email, and texting we aren't having deep relationships. She the called us to develop deep friendships. Since coming home I have been praising the Lord for the deep friendships that I am privileged to have. I am blessed to have many great friends of varying closeness but four friends stand out which I would call my best friends. I thought those wonderful ladies deserved a shout out today!
First, my sister Deanna, from the day she was born we shared and instant bond. Early on in her life I was in more of a nurturing role with her, but the older we got the deeper our friendship grew. I am blessed to really say that I have a sister who is also my best friend. The first photo is when Deanna was just a few months and the second of her trip to visit me when I lived in Leb. she was only 18.

In junior high science class I met my friend Katie. Katie was sweet and kind and we had lots of fun. We went on our first trip overseas together and I was blessed to be her maid of honor at her wedding 9 years ago. I am now honored to be a part of her 2 daughters lives. The photos here are of Easter Sunday in high school (note the disgusting amount of flowers on both of our dresses) and high school graduation.

In high school I met Shawnda at church. She and I connected because of a deep desire to know God more. After college we moved in together and often took long walks discussing everything! Shawnda always shared my love for personality tests, traveling overseas, and fun. The first photo is from high school and the second when we lived together.

The last friend I have to mention is Sarah. Sarah and I became instant friends at a week long training for our organization about two and a half years ago. That whole week we were inseparable. One my favorite questions Sarah asks me is "How is your heart?" she is also one of the most encouraging people I have ever met. We are able to laugh about anything, talk for hours about language and culture, etc., and have a great time doing it.

Yesterday I talked to all 4 of them! God is SO good to me. Thanks ladies for being part of my life. I love you all!
3 comments:
Oh habibti, I love you so much! You are an amazing blessing to me!!!! Thanks for helping me see and become more like Jesus every day!
Oh habibti, I love you so much!!!! Thanks so much for helping me to see and become more like Jesus every day!!!!
Love you sissy :)
Post a Comment